April 18, 2010

Nightmarish morning BLISS


I HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT, A NIGHTmarish sort of dream… where you know how things should be, but nothing is… When you go back to a familiar place, maybe the most familiar and don’t recognize anything. When paths are blocked and you feel lost. When you know where you are, but everything has changed in your absence. When you are faced with a challenge that seems impossible, guarding a treasure, climbing a treacherously steep hill, when things only seem to get worse; that is the dream I had last night.

But I wake to a pristine morning. The light is spilling, just so, on the white wall of my balcony. A friendly soccer game sends cheerful shouts and grunts up from the dry earth below my bamboo forest and my plants bask in the morning warmth. It has been raining and so the air is fresh, the plants are breathing everywhere; the birds seem happier and the sky is a new season. The richness in color cannot be exaggerated, nor ignored. Clouds have been erupting from the valley edge to then drift nonchalantly North.

The sun is up and I am up and the world is better than it was when I went to sleep.

No comments: