November 15, 2008

Colombia was ready for me


I have certainly arrived. Let the EATING begin. It is like a feast at every meal. I am learning a lot. and being patient with myself and my environment. still sort of a blur- i am ... and waiting for the rest of me to catch up with my body.

it is like my heart didnt get on the plane. it is swimming and i just have to be patient for it to catch up. i have left little pieces of it all over the country behind me.

within less than 24 hours I can speak with locals with some mutal understanding, been to two parties, made friends, eaten a lot of great food, walked 4+ hours a day and taken dozens of pics. imagine what will happen in 8 months. it actually hurts my head to think about it.
step one: get on plane
step two: breathe. try to sleep
step three: start moving around in the world (like a child a stranger and a lover)*
*this is how my new friend and I have defined the expereince of traveling. everything is brighter, new scarry, different sort of make you nervous sick int he stomache, and vibrantly excited to turn each corner.
step four: breathe
step five: ... i don't know. figure it out for yourself. do't do it my way. find your own way.


The wisdom of a child was shared with me the other day by a dear friend: while playing blocks "Don't keep it in your mind, just build it."

No comments: