April 30, 2007

I am not there yet, but this job just getting better and better.



This week is May Holiday in China. It is a labor day holiday when everyone in china is supposed to take the week off. It is the biggest travel season and tourist attractions all over the country get even more crazy than usual.

My school is only taking a short week. So I have Monday and Tuesday off, which is fine with me, because to have a week off after only a week of working seems counter productive and since I get paid by the hour, the more hours the better. So i head back to work tomorrow morning after a luxurious long weekend.

It will be back to the grind for three whole days. and then... as I say this job just keeps getting better and better the following week I will be whisked off with the entire eighth grade class to a dream destination: Guilin- Yangshuo. (see picture above). I have been there before and absolutely loved it. In fact it was where I had hoped to go in case I did not get this job. And Surprise! I get to go there anyway... and the school pays for it.

For 5 days we will partake in many activities: kayaking, rock climbing, biking, swimming, repelling, zip-lining, etc. There will be so much to do and see... and so many wiggling eighth graders to keep us all on our toes. I am looking forward to it... and pleased to get paid to travel. I think I have found heaven...

After we return from that mini adventure... there will be only four weeks (20 days) of school left. and then I will be free again to travel and wander and make my own way. It will be interesting to see which paths I choose and which choose me.

No comments: