March 11, 2010

Standardization.


Standardization.
Will be the death of us all.
Literally, metaphorically and emotionally.
It is not the life I want to live.
So much dies when we try to mechanize life. Work. Love. Education.
For the sake of efficiency.
Since when is efficiency good? We take it for granted, put our heads down and try to be more efficient.
Screw efficient
I struggle and strive to be inefficient.

From who and where did we get our priorities?
Do I ever get to create my own priorities?
Who knows what I could achieve through inefficiency:
I could discover a change, I could discover the ultimate power, the truest gift of all; to change.
To make a change in oneself, or effect and influence a change in another is the ultimate and often overlooked power we all have.
I forget how significant every last one of my actions can be.
a kind word, a tender touch, a supportive glance, an affirmation, or the truth.
This power is within us if we recognize it.
If we nurture it and if we have the time, space and energy to develop it.
Inefficiency yields greater returns, not higher ones.
But what is it that is more valuable to you?

No comments: