November 9, 2007

a photographic up date:life






A) Halloween out with CouchSurfing Friends. even though it was a school night I needed to go out and remember a bit what is meant by being young. And to my surprise we were invited to a club event that was populated by Asian people. A logical conclusion yet, in Shanghai the club scene is invariably western dominated. And this was a pleasant change from the norm.
B&C)My kittens no longer fit into shoes, in fact they are much bigger than any of mine. now they much prefer drawers of any kind. I am working on training them to file thigs for me, but so far they are much better at taking things out than putting them back... and they also have developed this pack-rat habit, which involved them taking things into their den (UNDER MY BED) and never giving them back.
D)Yearbook Photo. I think this might be the first time I have looked remotely cute since my first grade photo, which was devastatingly cute in that early-eighties kind of way (the I dont know that I am too young to be wearing a argyle sweater-vet, I cut my own hair and i am missing a front tooth kind-of-cute.)
E)China is so many things, but on my way to work every day I see the demolition of China. taking it apart: brick-by-brick, block-by-block and neighborhood-by-neighborhood.

No comments: