January 15, 2007

my new job...

so my new job starts on Tuesday. I will leave the place that i made home... and i will get onto a plane. From there I will risk it all and take a gamble. With my heart open, my eyes open and a drive to explore i will jump into the deep end. I will try a new life.
I have let go of so much in the last month. I have let go of love and the hope of a future there. I have let go of my vision of myself. I have let go of my belongings and my place ... my home... I have let go of the dreams i had been holding so tightly... suffocating. I have let go. now i release what is left into the world to the fates and the wind. i release into the inevitable and release into the pain, the suffering, the glory and the brilliance of life in it's every day occurrences.
I see myself turning into a monster... a version of myself foreign to me- even at odds with myself... but i transform more every day. the monster within... is gentle peaceful and far more of a hippy than i had hoped. i am a stranger to myself and thus often those closest to me are strangers too. I am set loose. i am free. i wander out into the fear ... the distance into the nothingness of anonymity and i search for the essential... i search for the root of me, even if it is not who i intended to be... i may be lost to myself, but i wander to find the essential. that is my new job.

2 comments:

Trisha Ekstrom said...

"There is no return, GrandDaughter, for you are now much, much more than you were before."

Letting go of the deepest parts of ourselves is both terrifying and exhilirating. I am moved by your journey within.

Love you!

Jackie said...

you are so brave and an incredible inspiration!