April 7, 2010

Manual Day


Today is undoubtedly a manual day.
Once with the sunrise and again with the sunset.
Familiarity and patience.
It is like recognizing myself in another body with another story but with so many similar traits
Comforting and creepy,
Reassuring and making me wary.

How hypersensitive am I too. So.


I am a good student, I wasn’t when I was young. I couldn’t see the point in it and it seemed impossibly hard for me.  But now with a purpose and a context I have become a fierce student. I take notes; write in the margins, underline, star and point. I ask questions of the text; I comment on the text for later reflection and absorption.

With any certainty comes uncertainty. Cierto?

The poet in me pales at the words of nearly every song written and turns to revise myself. With a kiss and a caress. Time to reexamine the source and the destination.

1 comment:

Daniel PĂ©rez Penagos said...

Time, as you know, makes us change perspective of things, as we mature, everything is deeper and with a larger context. For me, unfourtunately, today is hollow.