March 20, 2010

Pregnant.


Every body is pregnant,
or everybody seems pregnant, either they are, which in many cases is true. More friends are "pregers" at this moment than ever before in history, “my History”.

The ones who are pregnant are bursting, all due around the same time. Three weeks and counting. The rest are just pregnant with ideas, plans, faith and frustration.
What am I pregnant with? What am I carrying? Tuvo dolor en mi estomago, pero no estoy embarazada.
I gave up drinking, but for my own reasons. Maybe it gave up me. I was dumped by wine and beer broke my heart, but I’m better off sola. Especially when I am down I don’t need to be hanging with depressants. Besides it is bad for pregnancy. It is bad for birthing of new ideas, hopes, plans or even new days.
And I prefer days I have had enough of the old daze.
I am pregnant with potential. I even have a little morning sickness. The kinds that warns you of your latent promise and scares you simultaneously.
Going through all the mismo emocionas de an expectant mother: fear, dread, excitement, hope, anxiety. Budding, growing inside changing your shape and temperament, that glow obvious to all. I am hungry all the time and quick to snap.
I am pregnant with possibility.

No comments: