April 3, 2007

A Journey into Reality

4.3.07
A journey to reality
There and back again.
What is this place?
What happened to what I Know?
The sound of running water
The hum from somewhere deep.
The constant chatter from strange tongues
The piercing eyes with confusion, curiosity and jealousy
Someone is new here.
Someone doesn’t belong.
Someone is obviously out of place.
Sometimes I think I will be arrested simply for being here.
Simply for being so out of place.
My dreams take me on journey through the familiar and to the loved.
My sleep is the home I knew and the life I left.
I wake to the light and I am reminded of where I really am.
I walk the alleys and corridors.
Morning sun licking the rooftops.
The sounds of dawn and a life well lived.
The life is like any other but not.
The sun rises.
The moon sets.
The birds in cages from strings sing mourning tunes.
Breakfast is made, bought and eaten from street vendors.
It is morning in reality.
If this is reality…
then where am I?

No comments: